The printer not getting connected may not always a simple issue. The user has to check some potential solution apart from resetting printer and other simple steps. In this article we will share some of the potential reasons along with the solutions to solve your HP printer cannot connect to web services issue.
Turn on web services
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, let us turn on the web service for your HP printer since a proper turning on of the web service can solve many of our issues.
- Initially make sure that your printer is connected with an active internet connection on a wired or wireless network.
- For wired connection, make sure the green link light is steady and the orange light is blinking.
- In case of wireless network, the wireless feature is on and the blue light is steady without blinking.
- Next from your printer control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- Then choose the Wireless settings.
- In the following web services menu, if you see a summary screen then the web services are on.
- If you are prompted to turn on the web service then follow the onscreen instructions to turn it on.
Troubleshooting error messages received during turning on web services
Follow the below steps to solve HP printer cannot connect to web services issue.
- Initially restart your printer, router, and the system connected to the printer.
- Then make sure the printer is connected to an active internet connection through a wired or wireless setup.
- For a wired connection the steady internet connection can be identified by the blinking orange light and steady green light.
- For a wireless connection the blue light of the printer must be steady.
- Next make sure the printer and router are in proximity no closer than 6 feet.
- Then check and make sure that your router has operating bandwidth of 4GHz.
- Then remove any device that emit electromagnetic signal which may distract the Wi-Fi signals.
- Next check the proxy settings.
- Also updating the printer firmware can also solve HP printer cannot connect to web services.
- Keep in mind the outdated router firmware can also cause security, performance and connectivity issue.
- So make sure to update the router firmware.
- Then try restoring the factory defaults, for that follow the below steps.
- From the printer control panel tap on the setup icon.
- Then choose printer maintenance.
- Tap on restore button.
- Next choose restore factory defaults.
- Now click continue to finish the factory default restoration process.
We hope that this article on HP printer cannot connect to web services has helped you resolve your issues and get back your printer on a working condition. In case of further queries and doubts on HP web services not working issue then read our other effective HP printer solutions.
Solve Error Code UU_400_EB000U0004 or OW_500_OWSID00001 on HP Printers
Fix HP Printer Error Code OW_4XX_0WSWS00001 or UA_200_OWSVD00001
Resolve HP Printer Setup Incomplete Errors or Registration Errors